Wednesday, September 06, 2006

facebook just got creepier

I've had it with facebook. There's bound to be something better out there that'll satisfy our digital socializing without all the creepiness of facebook.

Determined, I did some googling and there's a bewildering number of other social networking sites out there... So there's bound to be one we can migrate to effortlessly. I'm committed to spending some spare time finding a better alternative, provided there's enough support. Now I just need some feedback on what we'd like out of such a ...thing

I'll just throw it out as a guiding suggestion, perhaps a Flickr 'Private Group' would do the trick. It is mainly geared toward photos, but with plenty of room for commenting. With the combination of this blog (i.e., facebook's wall done right) and a communal photo gallery, what else do we really want?

Join me in saying, 'In your face, facebook.'

2 Comments:

Blogger A Geologist said...

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/1700AP_Facebook_Privacy.html

check it out

Kent

3:22 p.m.  
Blogger A Geologist said...

I completely agree that Facebook is creepy and starting to become invasive... but I didn't sign up specifically to communicate with EPSers. The blog and the interdepartmental e-mail are sufficient enough, methinks. Facebook is convenient for keeping in touch with my other friends who have just graduated or don't live in the same city as me. A good few of them are on Facebook, which is nice... I don't have to exert too much energy to, you know, call them up and TALK to them. yech! ;)

Why won't this shit fog go away?

11:03 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home