Thursday, May 25, 2006

Paris, je t'aime (except for your keyboard)

Bonjour!!

First of all, I saw X-Men yesterday and it was great fun. They mention montréal in it AND all the super heros are great. It was subtitled in french and beast is called "la bestiole" and that made me laugh. Bref, le film est marrant quoi.

So Paris is treating us quite well. By day, my brother and I wander around and see the token tourist places and stuff our faces with pastries. By night, however, we living the life of real parisiens. Mado, my montréal roomie, gave us contacts and they're all so fun. Last night we partied with a bunch of parisiens and a few swedes, put on old vanessa paradis 45s, got high, killed many a sailor, wandered around looking for a bar, got drunk and then at 3 am we got sushi and sat on the steps of the academy of france (facing the charming wooden bridge at the louvre) and talked about nothing for hours. It was brilliant. The people here are so funny and welcoming. And to them, my brother and I are like aliens. You should hear some of the stuff they ask us, its fun. One of my favs: do you have cheese in canada?

tomorrow night, we're off to brussels. I'm going to miss paris! The city put its charms on me, and i'm officially seduced.

I miss you all very much. Hope all is going well and that the rain in montreal hqs finally stopped!!

beaucoup de bisous

cocotte

2 Comments:

Blogger A Geologist said...

Well The Campb, Miki, me and presumably some others are seeing X-wolverine spikes: the last stand at the midnight showing tonight. I saw a clip on Leno last night and it was Famke being really hot and wrapping her legs around wolverine. Damn, it was mad hot!!! I was bitting my fist, now I can't wait!
Love-wave

12:32 p.m.  
Blogger A Geologist said...

I s there a movie coming out that was premièred at Cannes called Paris, je t'aime which is a collection of many very short, like 15 minute shorts set in Paris including a few american ones like by the Coen brothers and one with Elijah Wood and one of them is about vampires?
Love-wave

12:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home